Friday, April 17, 2009

Thursday Dinner: Pita Pockets




A fab Family favorite (well for E and I anyways) was on the menu for dinner last night.

Cook down ground turkey meat, add your choice of seasonings , last night I added lipton's onion soup mix and balsamic vinegar, lemon pepper and Goya Adobo blend. Chop veggies of choice I used zucchini, onions, garlic and spinach. Allow all of these things to cook down and mingle together in a pan. That's it! What the heck you say.. I am not kidding.

Next step is beyond easy. get some pitas I used whole wheat from TJs warm in a skillet ( I have found this to be the easiest way to open the pita pockets after many trial and errors) Once warm slice open and fill with your one skillet sensation (above) I like to sprinkle a little bit of shredded cheese on top, but crumpled feta is just as fantastic. I served this with TJs chimichuri rice. I thought this rice was yummy. Its been in the freezer a couple of weeks so I finally had a chance to use it. It was a cross between Spanish rice and Indian rice very zesty. BBD loved it , LMG did not and he is a rice hound. So go figure, you can't please both littles all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment