Friday, July 31, 2009

Carmel Mission



While we were in Monterey we made took a drive down to Carmel to sight see. We stopped in at the Carmel Mission and spent a lot of time there wandering the corridors, the gardens ,the cemetery, the museum, and of course the chapel. It was my first visit to the Mission and I think it was my favorite part of our trip.It was drenched in history. Old maps of California,old robes the priests used for mass. The chapel itself was awe inspiring. Just the quite calmness of the rows of benches, art and sense of worship that posses you when you walk in and bless yourself with holy water. I was compelled to kneel and pray.

Picture 192
Beautiful art work of the Holy Family
Picture 204
I love the look of these tiles, the art work was beautifully crafted
Picture 206
Carmel Mission
Picture 180
more of the mission

No comments:

Post a Comment