Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Date Night : Yelp Space Odyssey






In the planetarium 

E and I had a date night this last Sunday. My mom watched the littles overnight while we had dinner at Zachary's  and then heaed over to the Yelp Elite event at the Chabot Space and Science Theatre.  I did not snap a bunch of photos because we were having alot of fun . I have lived in the Bay Area my whole life and have never been to this place. Silly right. We attended the Planetarium show which was awesome and then checked out the telescopes. We spotted Jupiter, M-13  ( I think that's what it was I forget now for sure.. a little too much vino complments of Yelp) which is thought to be the oldest cluster of stars which basically ahd something to go with the creation of the universe... but again I am not 100% sure I got all of those details and another cluster of stars, but I really forgete why they are important.

Of course, the tasty nibbles were fabulous.  Edible Explorations (olé mole!), The Sage Table, Otaez (ceviche is a way of life) and Miraku (sushi boat and all) powered us through the evening! Desserts by Sweetface Cupcakes, A Sweet Affair, Local 123 (mmm drip coffee) and Gelateria Naia (whiskey gelato?!) rounded out the nosh.  I loved  the Sweetface cupcakes and the pistachio gelatto the best. It was the yum!

We got home around 11. I  was dead tired the next day but It was so much fun to get out and spend time with my honey and Yelp of course!

PS. I even got a cute little Yelp Elite Lunch Box that I forgot to snap a picture of but will when I get a chance this week. Loved it! Tres Retro .

No comments:

Post a Comment