Friday, July 22, 2011

AM Poetry

Did you know I write poetry on top of blogging and super mommy-ing? Well, I do. I have a secret little treasury of poetry I have written for years. Emails I send myself , notes of paper I have kept by the bed and scribbled down lines and thoughts when they hit me as I woke up in the morning if I was having trouble sleeping. My thoughts linked together in beautiful little phrases. Inspiration comes quickly to me. The sight of my sons chubby baby fingers when he was much younger. The tickle of my cat pumpkins whiskers. Her body looking very hen like as she sat carefully on top the couch then sprang very lion like into action on whatever caught her fancy. Rumbled sheets after a long night of tossing and turning sometimes love making. The memory of a phrase or words a past love would say to me. The poetry I write is simple often thought of while prepping dinner, folding laundry. Just being. Occasionally, I go back and re read this little form of art I create. an art that just hits me, lingers in my head and compels me to write it down for safe keeping.

I'm a writer. I feel comfortable gathering my thoughts my life and recording them. It's a craft I should develop and maybe one day will. Its one of my gifts.

Anyone however can create poetry. Phrases chained together can create a flow, a picture , a poem. I was mindlessly shopping apps on the app store this morning and found this poetry app. I picked it up and started playing with it. And then created an early morning poem.




Deep right? There's an app for everything these days but I liked this collection of words and thought I would share it.

- Curlie Girlie blogging on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment