Sunday, August 14, 2011




When I can't sleep, I write. In my journal, in the notebook I keep by my bed, on this blog. It occurred to me today I have been a single parent for over a year now. Wow time flies. There have been rough patches and there have been tears. Betrayal and upset are no strangers to me now. Really , nothing is shocking to me anymore . I wanted to clear a thought up, for the record just because I'm getting child support does not mean I'm not a single parent. I single handedly manage my children. Yes, I get help from my mom and dad but that comes with a price. I'm the tear dryer, the snuggle bunny momma bear, the cook, the teacher , the doctor mom nurse. I am the one who makes up whimsical stories about mer-boys and octopuses who eat lollipops. I am the live in maid the person who gives the hugs and kisses that are needed each and everyday . I am the one who sees my moms door fly open each afternoon and swoops up little men into my arms singing them praise as I hear their delighted giggles as they greet me happy for our little family of three to be reunited. I also play the bad cop the one to say no, the disciplinarian. I hear more often then i would like to I am hated and that they don't love me anymore when I tell them no , or when we have run out of cookies. Again, after this year nothing shocks me. It's part of the growing pains and adjustments that we are still making. It's a rhythm you find along the way. Sometimes you stumble but you have to pick right back up and continue to do the best you can with what you've got. What I have is love plenty to give and lots to receive. And in the end that is all that really matters for us three.



- Curlie Girlie blogging on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment