Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bento box fever




Yesterday I was wasting time on flickr and came across these delightful Bento Boxes that a mom makes up for her preschooler.I got totally inspired.I fell in love with her whimsical boxes and they have given me new take on feeding the littles and myself. I have a similar type of lunch box myself at home. This morning I packed myself a bento box full of healthy goodness. On the menu:

Salad w/ tomatoes and a squirt of dressing
left over steemd veggies
a tuna wrap w/ whole wheat tortilla, mixed greens and a dash of shredded cheese.


I will say. This was the most satisfied I have with lunch in a while. It was fresh and different, not the regular frozen meals I have been bringing in. Maybe it was the bento inspiration, maybe it was the rain in the air, or just plain lunch time boredom. But I am all about the bento box.



1 comment:

  1. Saw your comment on wendolonia and popped over to check you out. Bento is addictive and perfect for toddlers! Have fun, if you visit my blog you can see some bentos I've dabbled with!

    ReplyDelete