Monday, February 16, 2009

I Heart Valentines Day




Like the title of this post I HEART valentines day! My sister was a champ and a half for volunteering herself as the splendid babysitter we have been needing. We decided to have a low key day nothing spectacular but something fun we have not been able to do in a while...we went to the movies. We saw " He's just not that into you" I loved it. It was kinda on the long side but a total chick flick. I did get a little misty a few times and E even thought it was good. After the movies we headed over to Pasta Pomodoro for an early supper. I had the penne potobello and I had some over pasta dish. I really like Pasta Pomodoro. the atmosphere is super cute for a chain restaurant and the food and service are good. We did not get he usual soup /salad that we usually get with our meal not sure if they changed the menu or if the server had an off day but it was still good. We had two more stops on v day . First up we headed to Zuckerfuss in downtown Hayward for a frozen yogurt treat. I have been wanting to try it for a while now and was so glad that we finally had an opportunity. The FRO-Yo spot is very delightful, a perfect spot to sit and people watch too.. Its a self serve type spot that has a lot of different toppings to choose from. I really love the pink walls , white furniture and swanky music they were playing. This place feels like a total hang out. We will defiantly be back. I love that their spoons and bowls are made from compostable materials. This place is trendy and Green. LOVE IT.

So here is a snap of my frozen yogurt creation. I had the regular frozen yogurt, a splash of fudge sause. cookie dough bits, cap'n crunch cereal chocolate chips , mangos and coconut flkes. ...OMG I am reading this back as aI type and I feel like a total FRO-Yo pig. But it was good and of course I had a small serving.

Last stop of the day was PW market for some cupcakes for dessert. I ahve been wanting a cupcake for a day or so and i love the PW choices, although this particular red velvet cupcake I picked I could have passed on.

Picture 024


When we got home my sis had the littles stringing macaroni to make me a special surprise...a neckalce. How thoughtful, and cute!


Picture 014

Picture 017

Picture 022

1 comment: