Thursday, February 12, 2009

This Spuds For You




Here are the contents of our Spud box this week:


Avocado, Hass - 2 (Earthbound Farm/Natural Selection Foods, CHI)
Broccoli - 1 (Cal-Organic Farms, CA)
Carrots, Bunched - 1 (Earthbound Farm/Natural Selection Foods, AZ)
Lettuce, Green Leaf - 1 (Cal-Organic Farms, CA)
Mangos, Kent - 1 (ECU)
Mushrooms, Crimini - 6 oz - 1 (Frontier Mushrooms, BC)
Oranges, Navel - Surface scars - 6 (Sundance Natural Foods Company, CA) Peppers, Red - Medium size - 2 (MEX)
Salad Greens, Baby Romaine - 5 oz bag - 1 (Earthbound Farm/Natural Selection Foods, AZ)
Tomatoes, On the Vine - 1 lb (Cedar Mills Eco Farm, CA) BR4048 Potato Rosemary - 16oz (Grace Baking)



I always look forward to Wednesdays because I know I am half way through the week and that when I get home a bounty of beautiful fruits and veggies will be waiting for me. I love shopping with Spud. They have a great variety and I try and shop as local as possible for product to try and decrease my families carbon footprint. Gabriel enjoys seeing the box too. He likes to help mommy upload the veggies and read the content sheet.I did mess up by not ordering bananas this week and he was a little disappointed to not see any in the box, But I will make up for it next. Maybe thrown in a treat from him or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment