Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday Lunch Box




On the menu on this lovely Tuesday:

Breakfast, fruit bowl topped with shredded wheat (4)
Lunch, side salad no dressing (0) Morning Star Meatless sausage Patty(2), Amy's vegetarian beans in tomato sauce 1/2 cup (2) ... lunch total 4

Today's point total so far 8. I am attempting to eat less meat again and eventually give it up completely. This has been a progression over the last year that I have taken my flexi-terian-ism seriously. Last summer I gave up meat for 3 months. It was an attempt to become a vegan but I longed for milk and cheese like you would not believe and it was hard finding tasty vegan snacks, especially for my sweet tooth. But I believe the time is right to make a commitment and exclude meat entirely.

The main struggle I have had with this is that I am the cook in the house. At this time I can not very well outlaw meat en mi casa. So when I am whipping up a great looking, smelling and tasting meal I want to eat it. UGH! So frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment