Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Littles Dozen



They could  not wait! They had to have a cupcake right then and there. I of course waited until they were a little coler but I gave in and let them have a bite.


Silly littles



A chocolate cupcake with Halloween sprinkles

I am by no means a baker. I attempt to bake and things get ruined. E likes to blame the oven but secretly I think he knows its me. For some reason I can never master the science of baking and so I rarely do so. I am a much better cook than a baker. Yesterday was super wet and miserable and I thought what can I do to make this day a little more exciting  for my little fab family ... I came up with the answer. Cupcakes!

Okay. Truth be told I totally cheated and got a box mix and a little tub of frosting and took the easy way out  but they came out delightful. I made a few tweeks to the oven with temp and time since the dratted thing runs way hotter than I would like it to. Then the littles and I spent the afternoon mixing , pouring, cooling and frosting cupcakes. It was more me  doing all the work and BBD trying to stick his little fingers in everything I was doing. I snapped a few pictures of the finished cupcakes but forsome reason they are not pulling up on my phone. Sorry.  They were great. E and  the littles gobbled them up like hotcakes and I treated myself to one. Yum! After this successful cupcake day I think I am reconsidering baking and may try and bake a few things from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment