Saturday, November 28, 2009

Dear David


Dear David,

I am writing this note to  you on Thanksgiving day. It's your second Thanksgiving and just the joy of you being you has given us so much to be Thankful for. Now let's talk about your month. This month David you had a nasty little cold. You were coughing, crying and were just plain miserable. Many a moment of my day was spent wiping that gross green drippy  nose of yours. But, gladly you are on the mend for your big date at Coco's for Thanksgiving.

Your talking and use of words has continued to develop. You  are finding new words each day and using them properly. I have noticed that you have a slight issue with  the use of  the letter "S". When you say Scott , for Papa Scott it comes out "Cott" . I am working with you everyday with the "S" sounds. Making sure you see my mouth when I form "S" words.

*sock
*some
*sheet
*snack

I also ask you to repeat the words until I hear the "S" clearly formed and pronounced. Sometimes you like these little lessons sometimes you don't. It all depends on your current mood like all things with you my little love.  You  are finally tall enough to reach for my doll Marigold I keep up high on my bedside table. I have found  you cuddling with her or bringing her to me this month. Very cute, but little boys don't play with baby rag dolls so I need to take it from you  and put it away.

Your appetite  has increased dramatically this month. We can not seem to keep you full enough. Of course most of what you want is snacks and not real food but here is a list of your favorite things to nibble on as of late.

pasta, with butter and cheese
hard boiled eggs, you can down a whole egg lickety split
cupcakes
cookies
tummus... Hummus but you boys like to call it tummus so I let you
cereal, but not really. you like the milk in the bowl of cereal and lift your bowl up to sip the milk but avoid the cereal. This has been frustrating  on many a morning as you want more cereal but have not eaten the first bowl.

You continue to follow everything that Gabriel does. If he jumps you jump. The other day Gabriel climbed over the arm of the sofa and you followed suite and then before I could stop it "SMACK" went David right on the hard wood floor. My heart almost leaped out of my chest as I ran over to comfort you I was sure you broke your lip or nose. Disaster was adverted you were intact  and not bleeding, but very upset. I snuggled you close and reassured you that you would be ok. However, the lesson was not learned  as you are still chasing down your big brother. Desperately trying to become a big boy and I want you to stay a baby.

I love you my handsome baby.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment