Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dear David May 2010





Dear David,

On Monday our family went to Half Moon Bay to celebrate Memorial Day. It was our first time taking a day trip that lasted all day. I am feeling more confident that we can handle a day of adventure with out the extra help of your grandparents or Titi. I watched you walk to the waters edge with your daddy and brother. I thought to myself, time has really gone by fast these last two and a half years. I am amazed at how tall you have gotten, that shortly you may catch up with your brother in height. I watched you watch the waves as they hit the shore. I watched as your daddy lifted you up so that you would not get wet again (you did not like the water touching your feet I noticed... probably too cold) I giggled to myself as you made your way back to me on the dry warm sand running as fast as your little legs could take you. Arms wide open I greeted you for a hug and asked if you liked the ocean and if you had fun. Your answer was " No. I sit with you mommy!"

And there we sat for a long time. Not saying much as you munched on your snack and played with a toy you dragged with us from the car. I watched you run your toes in the sand. I watched you watch other people. I watched you watch your brother. I thought to myself, this little boy and I are a lot a like. It's funny the things you notice when you just sit and watch someone you love be themselves.

I love you more and more each day. The taller you grow, the more you talk, the more your little shell cracks open . I love watching you become the person you are going to be.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment