Monday, November 14, 2011

I listen quietly to my babies sleep sounds. The pulling in and pushing out of air. Small muffled snores. The twisting and turning of their limbs as they re find the cozy spot of the bed. Two boys. Constant friends sometimes enemies of one another. One very sure of himself. Who attends school has lots of friends and is learning to read. The other quiet prefers bedtime with toofers the blue alligator but shines and is bold in his own way. I wonder what life will give them when they are men? Happiness and sun shine I hope .I like to lay with them and feel their warm little bodies sandwich me in. One cuddles his head on my chest. arm heavy over my shoulders while the other loops his arm through mine.they know even in heavy sleep when I move their bodies in a sleepy daze find me. And I am coaxed to sleep hearing the lullabies of their sleep sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment