Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Story time

In kindergarten your required to keep a reading journal. Each day we read books after dinner and before bed. Today we read about 5 titles. I sit with g on my lap and point to each word I say it and he repeats it. It takes a long while to get through books this way. The first few book or two are easy readers. Filled with site words he will recognize. I finish off with a longer story... I try to steer clear of super hero stories but sometimes I'm a sucker for whining. I stick to a good solid story full of whimsy and bright pictures for the final book of the night. One of my favorites growing up was the saggy baggy elephant . And that's what we enjoyed tonight. It's a little golden book full of sillyness and beautiful art. The littles loved the story and the pictures. I enjoyed the trip down memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment