Sunday, January 15, 2012

Today

Today my mom turned 52. The picture at the bottom of this post is of us many many moons ago. I think before the sissy came along and turned our little duet into a threesome. I don't talk about my parents and sister all that much but I do adore them with all if my itty bitty heart.

I remember once upon a time when I was very young kindergarten I believe I could not however tell you what year of kindergarten ( yes I did it twice no it's not because I was too young it's a long story I'll tell another day) that I came home from school to a birthday party for my cabbage patch doll helen. My mommy decorated our little kitchen with party decorations and baked her a cake. My sissy was in attendance as well as our other stuffed animals to celebrate this once in a Dolly's life event her first birthday. I was over the moon thrilled. I remember that party for my cabby as clear as day. I remember the dress I was wearing it was blue with flowers an apron style dress. I remember my hair was in Pocahontas braids as that was my moms hair do of Choice for us . I remember the cake was chocolate. What I remember specifically how very special it was for my mom to do that. And it's with that example and tone I choose to be the mommy that I am. There are a whole lifetime of these sort of memories. And many more to come. Happy birthday mom I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment