Monday, February 9, 2009

A wet weekend full of sniffles


This weekend had its low points and its high points. E ended up passing his ever present cold around to yours truly. I thought I was going to be a success of warding it off again like I have been dodging it for a while but no such luck. I started felling the scratchy throat Friday afternoon and by the time Sunday morning rolled around it had hit, full force. I am trying to keep it together here at work. I only came in today because this is my short week.

Back to the weekend. E finished his first series of the required classes he needs for his teaching credential. He, now gets a short break and then will be headed back to the South Bay in a few weeks to finish up. I was looking forward to him being home with em and the littles on Saturdays but I just went over his schedule for the next few weeks and with other school related events he has planned we will not be seeing much of him anytime soon =( . My sis is watching the kids on Saturday (all day) so that we can have some much needed love bird time... it is going to be Valentines Day.

The Littles and I stood home on Saturday afternoon from our scheduled play-date. LMG starting coughing and had a very visible runny nose. I decided to do the right thing and not contaminate other little children in the community... although I feel like I desperately needed to get out of the house. LMG and I buckled down and made serious attempts at potty training. My mom has been doing a bang up job of it at her place but our attempts have fallen off. I am happy to report that LMG wore his big boy underwear all weekend ... and only 2 accidents on Saturday WOO HOO. We are on the right path. Fingers Crossed he will take to it and we can be done with the pull ups. BBD had a big boy break through as well. I threw out every single bottle in our possession and he is a sippy cup little now no more bottles for him! He did quite well going down for his nap and down for the night. I was surprised I thought he would make a bigger deal about it like his brother did. BBd ... he's a tough kid!

Sunday, I got to sleep in for awhile 7:45 am... what a stretch but when your Monday -Friday alarm chimes in at @3:30 am 7:45 is really a good deal of sleep. E and I decided it was to cold and I was too miserable to take the kids out into the world so we had a total couch potato day. We watched some Tivo. We had been backed up on The Biggest Loser so we treated ourselves to a mini- marathon day. I totally over indulged myself with snacking but I figure hey! why not starve a fever, feed a cold and I am feeling a little better today.

E's aunt Evelynn called us midway through the day to tell us that she whipped up a batch of beans that she has been promising E for a while now. I was happy to be off the dinner hook two days in a row and the beans were very tasty. I served them with brown rice and french bread. It was a wholesome stick to your ribs kinda meal perfect for when your feeling under the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment