Monday, April 6, 2009

The Tale of The Snail

picture 137


Wednesday morning I was running late, late late. I jumped in the car and a block and a half away from home, I discovered I had a stow away stuck on the hood of my trusty Cavalier. A snail had hitched a ride down the road. I was running so late I could not pull over and put him in a safe spot. It was 4:45 am and i would not have gotten out of my car to find a grass spot that early in the morning. I didn't want to just abandon the snail in the middle of the road either. He would likely be massacred. I wish him luck and sped off to work. Roughly 10 miles and 15 minutes later. I arrived at the office, and sure enough the snail made it.

Wow, some snail! I snapped a few pics of him ( despite the fact I was late) collected him and brought him into the office. I poked some holes in a zip lock bag and successfully kept the snail alive. My original plan was to take him back to my place and hopefully let him find his way home. But, then I decided to take him to my moms and add him to the littles bug collection. Currently, they have some hairy caterpillars in a container. Now with the addition of Sam the Snail ( that's his new name) they have quite a little collection going on.

picture 136
Another Snap of the Snail

picture 139
A snap of the snail and the little


picture 141
Sam in his little bug container.

picture 140
Bug Habitat, and personal reflection on self maintenance

No comments:

Post a Comment