Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dear David October 2009





As I was walking into   the hall way the other day I called your name  " David"  to see where you were (you were much quieter than usual)  I heard a hearty little chirp that surprised me . "WWHHHAAATT?" as if you were irritated with me calling you and interrupting your day. This sassy little answer stopped me dead in my tracks and after the shock was washed away I giggled to myself.  My theory was confirmed. You my dear little boy are a brat! A joyful little brat I will add.

This last month you have grown leaps and bounds. You have taken on a new name in the house. ( I have never known a child to have so many little nick names)  Your new name is Davey two times, since you repeat everything your brother does.

I am giggling as I write this  because yeah you do have a lot of nicknames and here they are:

Davey -Pooh
BBD- Baby boy David
Baby D - there is a cute song to go along with this
Pooh-licious
Poop-elstein
Cupcake boy- Mommy's name
Muffin Man  - Daddy's name
Tiny Tiger - your first nick name that never really stuck. I wanted something similar to Baby Bear , this is what we called Gabriel for a long time. Oh well you really can't force a nick name
Repeat - Titi's name for you... I am not a huge fan but who am I to dictate everything.
Dave- Papa Scott has taken to calling you Dave. YUCK ! I despise the shortening of proper beautiful names. He does it to irritate me .
Number Two - Ha ha . What Coco calls you.

 Wow quite a list. D- is for delightful. A  great word to sum you up little guy.

Now back to life with David this month. Your flair for saying the word "No" has stuck with you and it seems in my observations to have  grown.  Your  first reply to everything is no.

"David, do you want a cookie"?

"NO!"  then you relize what I asked and it turns to "Yes, coooookie Yes"

"David, give me a kiss"

"NO!" and you waddle away

"David, I love you!"

"NO!" and then a smile and  you  run to me for a kiss on the cheek and a hug. Silly baby.


You are so determined to be seen and heard and a part of everything but your answer to any question  always starts with no and then you change your mind. 

You are now making  sentences. It amazes me at how clearly you speak . You are quite the conversationalist. Many a day after work you and I sit in the kitchen while I am cleaning up and preparing dinner and we talk about your day. I can see the little wheels in your head spinning as you try and form your answer and put words together the way we all do. It's sweet.  One sentence you have perfected these days is:

"Ochie , Gabriel hurt me. Boo Boo."

 As you lift your hand for me to kiss it or point to your cheek or your head. Can I tell you,  while you have perfected this you have also grown into a little fibber since 8-10  times Gabriel will be in a totally different room and no where near you when a mystery booboo appears. I know you just want the kisses.

Luv,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment